Estate jewelry can be a beautiful, meaningful family heirloom to cherish—but sometimes, it is just not for you or for anyone you know. When the latter is the case, and you are interested in selling jewelry, it is essential to make sure you are getting the best price for your jewels, without wasting your time.
What Are You Willing to Do, or Not Do?
If you have ever seen an ad in the paper or online promising quick cash for your gold and jewels, chances are, you will not be getting the full amount your goods are worth, according to Market Watch. Still, the idea of selling jewelry for a fair price in Orlando can be an intimidating and exhausting thought—and one which you simply aren’t prepared or willing to act upon.
Therefore, participating in an estate auction may be exactly what you need to do in order to sell your family treasures without undervaluing their worth, and without feeling overwhelmed.
Preparing Your Jewelry to Be Sold
As the saying goes, “one person’s trash is another person’s treasure.” As you are ready to say “goodbye” to your family jewels, someone else is getting ready to welcome them into his or her collection. As a result, if you choose to clean your goods before potential buyers look at them, keep in mind:
- While ammonia-based cleaning products are often used for jewelry, they can damage certain gems.
- Never use chlorine to clean gold and gems.
- Organic gems, like pearl, coral, and amber, should only be wiped clean with a soft cloth.
- Use a soft toothbrush to clean hard gems, like diamonds.
Getting the Best Price and Saving Time
Your time is valuable, and so is your jewelry. Why waste or undervalue either?
At the same time, it is important to have options when it comes to selling jewelry or putting it up for auction in Orlando. We give you two main possibilities, both of which allow you to take the back seat as your goods find a new home:
- Auction: We come to you and collect your items. Then, we sell them to the highest bidder at auction, and ultimately mail you a check within 10 days.
- Sell: We come to you and determine the value of your goods. Once we agree on a price, we buy your jewelry then and there.
Orlando Estate Auction: The Pros for Selling Jewelry
If you are in the Orlando area, and are interested in selling jewelry for a fair price, without wasting your time, call Orlando Estate Auction today at 407-290-1000. Our experts specialize in estate auctions, which will help make your experience selling your jewelry, both easy and professional from start to finish.